Insights gathered from the journey called Life

Monday, December 11, 2006

Roswell Tea Party

Last Thursday, I had the privelege of being invited by a dear friend to a tea party in one of the churches here in Roswell, Alien Country. I've never been to one before so I was naturally intrigued and excited at the same time. What do people do aside from drinking tea and eating scones and other goodies? To my surprise, it wasn't the usual thing I suppose (how would I know what the usual thing is, I've forgotten I've never been to one,silly me.) It was more of a program. Yes, there were numerous tables with different themes decorated by some of the ladies there. The sight was just spectacular! I should've brought my camera... I cannot begin to describe the creativity that was put on each theme. My friend and I chose the table with the giveaways we liked. (Oh, did I mention that each table had different giveaways? yup,yup,yup!) There were a couple of numbers presented ... then we came to the most awaited part. The church's pastor's wife invited her spiritual mentor for this occasion as a gift for all the ladies. And she indeed was a gift. I really admire her humility as she did not even want her accolades mentioned. To my knowledge, that lady was a renowned inspirational writer and actor. She was a rising Hollywood star when God called her into the ministry..... so, the lady began to do a monologue of Mary, Jesus's mother. I was amazed at how well her lines were brought to life... lines that were based from the Word of God. She continued on with her monologue with exhortations in between to us spectators. I was moved that I couldn't keep the tears that have been welling up in my eyes from falling. Oh, what a blessing and what favor from Him who is Favor and grants favor to whom He wishes to bestow it upon. I can not but be filled with joy, awe and wonder for the One who sits on the throne, the Most High God, my Creator, my Redeemer and Friend! I went home with my hope, my joy and my strength renewed. To God be the glory!

Psalm 5:12 For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favor wilt thou compass him as with a shield.

1 comment:

Odessa said...

wow, that tea party sounds divine! i'm glad you had a wonderful time ga. i can totally picture you in that kind of setting.

and oh, i hope you took home your favorite giveaway :)